This year, we’ve got three categories: People’s Choice, VTPR and Precision. There’s a bunch of prizes for top finishers and our largest field of entries ever, submitted by talented pilot-videographers from all over the world. Check it out and cast your vote for the best ones!
Archive for the ‘Video Contests’ Category
Well, the votes are in and the winners have been decided… here goes!
1st Place: cliffhanger – Jedi in the Welsh mountains
2nd Place: Le.frog- Drawings in the sand
3rd Place: PlayinInTheParK – Mad Slidin 2
4th Place: Dawson H – Flip Fantasia
5th Place: L1pulsif – Oxid -Double Dose
Big thanks to all who participated and congratulations to the winners! This year is definitely the best yet… the breadth of sites and flying styles on display is pretty amazing! Really cool to see that slope aerobatics is growing and getting better and better!!
I’m pleased to announce that the SlopeAerobatics.com Video Contest is back for 2011! This contest is open to anyone from anywhere, worldwide – we want to see the best slope aerobatics flying the world has to offer!
As in 2007 and 2008, there will be prizes for the top finishers – details forthcoming!
Rules are simple:
1. Post a short video (3 minutes maximum) of your VERY BEST slope aerobatics footage as a reply to the official 2011 SlopeAerobatics.com Video Contest thread on RCGroups.com. You don’t have a lot of time, so cut, chop, slice, winnow, bansai and chisel your footage till you have the cream of the crop, best of the best, “Top Gun” footage, and then post that.
2. As needed, you are allowed to change your entry up until the deadline, but only one entry per person. “Person” being defined as the person posting the video, which may or may not be the same person (or persons) that are flying in the video.
3. Any kind of non-motorized glider is welcome.
4. All submissions must be posted to the official thread by no later than midnight Pacific time November 1, 2011.
5. Winners will be chosen by the readership of RCGroups.com, who will vote for their favorite videos in a voting thread setup for the purpose. Prizes will be awarded to top finishers, those details are being worked out and will be posted here once they are available.
Deadline for entries is November 1st, 2011 at Midnight Pacific
Can’t wait – this year should be the BEST EVER!!
Ian Cole of Australia is running the second installment of his International Slope Soaring Contest for Disciplined & Freestyle Slope Aerobatics. Looks very cool! He’s got full instructions on his site concerning the requirements, but the summary is that you submit a couple videos, one of you flying a set of predefined figures, the other with a freestyle routine of your own making. Demonstration video is above. Good luck entrants, and thank you Ian for putting this contest on!
Well, the voting is over and the winners have been decided…
- 1st place – LEG Le Fish Kit:
Daemon’s “Carbon, Air and Rock”
- 2nd place – LEG Guppy Kit:
Lavawing’s “Feels Like Flying”
- 3rd place – Dream-Flight Weasel-pro Kit:
Dawsonh’s “Le Fish at Greens Peak”
- 4th place – SlopeAerobatics.com “CAUTION: LOW FLYING FISH” T-Shirt:
A 3 way tie!
F.Jones’ “Video Kultissime”
Mike_Y’s “Voltij at the Bwlch”
Mr_wizzard’s “Slope Gliding Red Rock Canyon”
BIG thanks to everyone for participating and voting. We got a lot of great and interesting video footage showing off the fun that is slope aerobatics flying in a wide variety of locales from around the world. Congrats to all our contributors for their efforts!!
I’m pleased to announce the 1st Annual SlopeAerobatics.com Video Contest!
The idea is simple: each contestant posts a short video (3 minutes or less) of their best slope aerobatics flying. Any type of plane is fine – wings, moldies, whatever. The videos will be voted for on RCGroups and the top three finishers get prizes and will have their videos featured on SlopeAerobatics.com!
Prizes, you said? Yes, Prizes–why not!!