Here are some more resources for those interested in slope aerobatics. There are links to aerobatic glider manufacturers, downloadable plans, and more. If you’d like to suggest a link, or if one of the links below has gone bad, please use the contact form to let us know.
Composite VTPR and Slope Aerobatics Gliders
- Aeromod (Voltij, Coquillaj, Toons)
- Aeroteam (Aresti, Aresti 2M, Gremlin)
- Airtech-RC (Jedi, Sonic, Psycho)
- FL Bird Works (Wasabi)
- RCRCM (Vector III, Dorado, Minivec)
- Topmodel (Kulbutin, Flip, Swift, Fox, etc.)
- Wings And More (Stingray 3.3m)
- X-Models (Stingray 2.9m, Swift 2.5)
EPP, EPO, Depron and other foam VTPR and Slope Aerobatics Gliders
- Dream-Flight (Ahi)
- Velivoltige (LunatiK)
- Leading Edge Gliders (Le Fish, Big Fish, Guppy, Spindrift, Fox)
- Sebald Modellbau (Aroso, Astix)
- Hacker Model (Vagabond 1500, others)
- Modellismo 6 Alisei (Le Fishray)
- Modellbau Joost (Traceur)
- SlopeSoarer.com (Flow, Axis II, Suraci)
- Telink (Multifun)
Wooden Built-Up VTPR and Slope Aerobatics Gliders
- Cornia Aeromodelli (Range of giant scale aerobats including the Bhyon, Macka, Kobuz and others)
- Island Models (Quark 2m, Quark Mini)
- Silence Model (Akhenaton)
Plans for VTPR and Slope Aerobatics Gliders
- Jivaro Models (Madslide, Quark Mini, Le Fish)
- EPP Concept (MiniToons)
- Team Monkey / West Cornwall Slopers (Swinger 36″ and 48″)
- SlopeManiacs (Kona 180º)
- Richard Parkes (Escape 1.6m)
- Le Fish and Spindrift Plans
VTPR and Slope Aerobatics Gliders Flying, Design, Construction and Theory
- Voltige Planeur RC by François Cahour
- Pierre Rondel’s Planet-Soaring
- Voltige Planeur: Quel profil choisir (Glider Aerobatics: Which Airfoil to Choose – French)
- HQ/ACRO Profilserie by Dr. Helmut Quabeck (German)
- Mes trucs volants (My flying stuff) – great vintage photos of French slope soaring, including shots of Air-100 models flying in Brittany circa 1981!
- X-Tazi Design – Oxid VTPR glider
- SlopeManiacs – Kona 180º & more
Clubs and groups with an Interest and/or Emphasis on VTPR and Slope Aerobatics
Please contact me if you would like to have your club page listed here!
- Aéroclub de Finistère (Brittany, France)
- Association Vol de Pente au Ménez-Hom (Brittany, France)
- Club d’Aéromodélisme de Morlaix (Brittany, France)
- Two Oceans Slope Soarers (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Port Elizabeth Slope Rebels (Port Elizabeth, South Africa)
- Veleros RC Galicia (Galicia, Spain)
- Vuelo a Vela Fontefria (Galicia, Spain)
- PlanaBH (Minas Gerais, Brazil)
- Yokota Slow Flyer Club (Japan)
- SBslopers (Santa Barbara, USA)
Good Forums for Discussion About VTPR and Slope Aerobatics
- VTPR and Slope Aerobatics Facebook Group
- RCGroups Slope Forum (English)
- BARCS Slope & DS Forum (English)
- Modelisme Planeur Forum (French)
- Forum de l’association Vol de Pente au Ménez-Hom (French)
- F3News Voltige Planeur (French)
- RC-Network Segelflug and Hangflug Forums (German)
- BaroneRosso Alianti Forum (Italian)
R/C Slope Databases
Planning a trip and bringing your glider? Check out these websites to find cool places to fly!
R/C Glider Simulation Software & Resources
R/C simulators that are especially good for gliders and slope soaring.
- PicaSim – Free Windows PC version, low cost Android and iPhone apps. The descendant of SSS, as of 2014 PicaSim is hands-down the best simulator for slope soaring and especially for practicing slope aerobatics. It is the only simulator capable of emulating Madflight and ultrabatics. Comes with Le Fish and Trapeze aerobatic slope glider models included as well as a wide variety of other models including gliders, powered aircraft, helicopters and quadcopters.
- Aerofly – the best “big name” R/C simulator for gliders, also has power planes and helicopters. Superb graphics, includes slope soaring, alpine soaring, winch and aerotow. 2 players at once via split screen (requires a second controller), or up to 16 in online multiplayer over the internet or LAN. Slope soaring emulation is good but not quite to the same level as PicaSim.
- Aerofly-Sim.de – Great resource site for Aerofly 5, with a bunch of great free model downloads. By Jan aka “Jet-Pack”.
- Aerofly 5 Modelle – Another great resource site for Aerofly 5 models. By Niko Fräulin.
- Le Fish for RealFlight – Created by Matt “McPhatty”, a Le Fish model with Madstab and two color schemes, for the RealFlight R/C simulator. Cool!
Free software that will allow you to create Aresti aerobatics sequences
Friends and Fellow Travelers
These are links to the websites of friends of mine that support R/C slope soaring with their products and services. They’re included here because what they offer is top notch and of interest to anyone with a passion for slope soaring.